[email protected]
University Support Services, Room 122

The Registrar’s Office maintains official academic records for all students, and will gladly assist with questions related to academic status. Services provided by this office include issuing transcripts ($20 per copy in office; unofficial copies are free in office or can be printed off My Cougar Connection, or visit and order online to receive cheaper rates for official transcripts), transcript evaluation for transfer credit, Veteran Benefits Assistance, enrollment certification for insurance, student loan deferments, publishing the semester course schedules and final exam schedules, online and traditional registration for courses, adding/dropping of courses, changing majors, and diploma distribution at graduation. (See Academic Information for Student Withdrawal Information.)

Further information about services offered by the Registrar’s Office is available at

Student Educational Records

The University of Saint Francis supports and is subject to the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This act affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records. The rights afforded by FERPA are:

  1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education record within 45 days of the day the university receives a request for access. A student wishing to review his or her academic education records must make a written request to the Registrar’s Office. A student wishing to review his/her student affairs records must make a written request to the Student Life Office. The request must list the specific records the student wishes to inspect and review. The Registrar and/or Student Life Office will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected.
  2. The right to request the amendment of any part of the student’s education records that he or she believes is inaccurate. Students may ask the university to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They should write the university official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the university decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the university will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
  3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education record, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception which permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the university in an administrative, supervisory, academic, or support staff position (including law enforcement and health staff); a person or company with whom the university has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an educational record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility. Upon request, the university may disclose education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll. Another exception is release of the student’s educational record to parents of a dependent student.
  4. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the university to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the office that administers FERPA is available from the Registrar’s Office.

Directory Information

The university may disclose directory information about a student without prior consent of the student. “Directory information” means information contained in an education record of a student that would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed and includes the student’s name, addresses (local and permanent), e-mail address, telephone number, date and place of birth, photograph, major field of study, dates of attendance, grade level, enrollment status (e.g. undergraduate or graduate, full time or part time), degrees and awards received, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, and the most recent educational institution attended. A student has the right to withhold the release of directory information. Students may withhold directory information by notifying the Registrar in writing. The university will honor these requests for one academic year; therefore, authorization to withhold directory information must be filed by students annually in the Registrar’s Office.

If a student wishes to grant someone else, such as a parent, access to information contained in the student’s educational record (i.e. financial aid, billing, grades, etc.), the student may complete the Student Records Release options on Colleague Self-Service.