Complaint and Comment Procedures

The university and its staff strive to improve student services and welcome input from students. All students are encouraged to resolve concerns or complaints directly with the appropriate faculty, staff, department chairs, or dean in an informal manner unless a university policy or procedure exists (examples are the academic grade appeal policy and procedure and the harassment/sexual harassment policy and procedure). If the informal communication does not adequately address a student’s concerns,  the student may contact the Vice President for Academic Affairs for academic concerns and the Vice President for Student Affairs for nonacademic or student life concerns.

The Vice President for Academic Affairs or the Vice President for Student Affairs will review the situation with the appropriate area and will either respond personally to the complaint or direct the appropriate member of the institution to do so within ten days of receipt of the complaint.

Please note: Due to federal regulations the university generally only corresponds with students, not parents or guardians.