It is the policy of the campus to foster a spirit of free inquiry and to encourage the timely discussion of the broad range of issues that concern our community, provided that the views expressed are stated openly and are subject to critical evaluation.
Student Club/Organization Responsibilities
A registered student club or organization may invite guest speakers to the campus, subject to the following provisions:
- Sponsorship must be by a registered student club or organization, or an organization that is recognized by the institution (i.e. Student Government Association).
- Proper arrangements must be made, consistent with institutional policy, to use University of Saint Francis facilities.
- It is incumbent on the student club or organization to clearly communicate that any content shared by an invited guest speaker are his or her own personal viewpoints and may not be endorsed by the University of Saint Francis.
- The student club or organization must take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that meetings are conducted in an orderly manner. This may necessitate consultation with campus security and/or the hiring of outside security.
- The student club or organization must attempt to observe and maintain decorum during all meetings to maintain good order.