Computer Room Policy and Procedures
Computers are provided in Bonzel and Clare Halls. The computer rooms will be available for residents on a 24-hour basis as long as the privilege of using them is not abused. The following procedures must be observed:
- Residents must log off the computer after use.
- Resident students have priority over non-residents in using residence hall computers.
- Students should immediately report any problems with the computer to the appropriate residential hall staff.
- Students needing the computer for academic use will be given priority over students who are checking e-mail or playing games.
- It is a violation of university policy to transmit images that could be deemed offensive to others; for example, pornographic websites (see Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy)
- In the event that a student is causing problems or difficulties, the Resident Director will be informed.
Anyone abusing these policies will be subject to losing the privilege of using the common area computers.