Holiday/Seasonal Decoration Guidelines
- All decorations must be made of fire resistant material.
- Live Christmas trees or greenery are NOT permitted in residence halls.
- Christmas lights may be used as decorations as long as they do not touch flammable materials. Lights must be turned off when a room is vacant or occupants are asleep.
- Open flame candles and candle warmers are not permitted.
- Overloading electrical outlets is not permitted; extension cords are not permitted.
- Decorations must be removed before leaving for Christmas break. Artificial snow must be removed thoroughly.
- All exterior decorations to the residence hall building will be left to the discretion of the residential staff.
Residential staff will inspect rooms to insure that decorations are safe and meet these guidelines.